Friday, April 2, 2010

Dramatic or Dying? Part I

Drama, it's a common thing in most everyone's life. But how can you tell when some one is just being dramatic, or if they really are in emotional pain? It's definitely a very delicate subject.

I've had a lot of experience with drama all my life. Much of it has been very, very un-needed. I've found that most the time, it comes from simple boredom. When you're surrounded by drama that needs to be "taken care of", you have very little time to think about much else of anything. So consequently, it takes up your time and distracts your mind from thinking about other things. Which is why people create drama. It is sooo much easier to think about petty drama than to think about real matters, in real life. So where is the line defining Drama and Dying?

By "Dying", I mean drowning in emotional pain. When you're so hurt, so broken, you feel each piece of you slipping away. You're really disappearing. I've experienced this a lot in my life too. I have been through a lot more than most people. I'm not saying this in self pity, or to evoke sympathy, it's just the truth. I think that "Dying" gets so often labeled as "Drama", mainly by people who cannot comprehend real Pain. People that do not understand what the "dying" person is really going through. So whenever this person expresses their pain, it gets shut down as drama. Of course, there are appropriate and inappropriate times and places to express the pain. But it needs to be expressed nonetheless. If some one is making their pain known, it may or may not just be for attention. When you hold the pain inside, it only gets worse.

Well, to sum it up: Drama is essentially creating needless situations that only cause hurt. Dying is being hurt, and just expressing it. It really does depend on the motives of the person though.

This post is kind of all over the place, so I'll write more on the subject later. Haha, cause right now it's time to eaaatt:]

No comments:

Post a Comment