Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rain

Im here now in this moment
But pain threatens to torment
I push it back and take it in
Cause my strength is growing thin

And so i'll slow dance in the rain
To forget the gnawing pain
Let each droplet awaken
Parts of me that were taken

The cold reminds me i am here
Whisks away each doubt and fear
Forget my worries, forget why
Forget the tears, cause now i am alive

The rain bursts on my face
Creating a liquid lace
It flows down and drips
Softly beats against my lips

Look up to the dangerous sky
With arms open, ready, wide
Toes in the soft new mud
In my veins I feel fresh blood


Each second that passes by
Leaves me struggling not to cry
So i force upon a smile
just to keep it there a while

Soon, I'm not pretending
My heart, it's really mending
The rain creates a feeling
brings me to my knees I'm kneeling

God has made it within
Within me to live
To not give up or leave
The purpose soon i'll see

He carries me, sends the rain
hands me a smile to conquer the pain
My heart is broken and yet i sing
Gives me hope to fix my wings

Water mist dances with me
flows around with peace
Its melodious ways
an illusion, yet it stays

The water in the air
dissipates my cares
why even bother being hurt
When my attention, i can divert

And so i chase the rain
slow dancing with out my pain
It feels like I'm finally free
Just how I imagined i would be

2 comments: